Friday, March 21, 2014

Little Floral Coin Purse

Hello, All! I hope you're all having a wonderful day. It's simply gorgeous here today and I'm looking forward to getting outside for a while later this afternoon. I just wanted to pop in today with a little coin purse I put together with the new Coin Purse Die from Papertrey Ink. It's adorable and totally easy!

Lately, we've had a few activities that require lots of patient sitting. I'm not good at patient sitting. I get twitchy and irritable and ask when we'll get where we're going or when we can leave. I'm also really bad at watching TV for the same reasons. Anyway, I knew I was going to have some waiting rooms and car time in my future, so I put together a couple of kits containing cut felt pieces, embroidery thread, needles, scissors, and buttons to keep myself occupied and out of everyone's hair. This is the result of that first kit.


I used Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Pure Poppy, and Vintage Cream felts. I used the Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die Collection for my flowers, the Buttoned Up #2 die for my flower center, and the Doodlie Do Die Collection for my leaves. I embroidered most of the decoration onto the leaves before stitching them to the coin purse (the bottom two veins and the stems are all stitched to the purse). That leaves their tips loose enough to give a little movement, but not so loose that I worry about them getting pulled off. I stitched through the flower, felt button, and real button with a couple of stitches to secure them. This purse is a bit more decorative/not as hardy as the other examples you may have seen, but I like not having everything stitched down too tight.

Thanks for popping in today and I hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your weekend!

Recipe:
Felt: Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Pure Poppy, Vinage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Dies: Coin Purse Die, Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die Collection, Buttoned Up #2 Die - Papertrey Ink
Other: Harvest Gold Button - Papertrey Ink; Embroidery Floss - DMC; Zipper - Coats & Clark

3 comments:

katrynka said...

very cute! Great for a gift card!

Cindy H. said...

Lizzie, your coin purse is so beautiful! It's perfectly stitched and has such lovely Spring colors, too!

Diana K said...

I'm loving this! Do you think that maybe I need to buy these dies? I was hoping that I didn't have to!