Saturday, November 1, 2014

Stamp Designer Showcase: Freshly Fallen

Good morning again, All! I wanted to pop back in today to share a couple of projects with Freshly Fallen. I didn't have the opportunity to participate in the countdown last month, so I have plenty of ideas to share with you now. Hooray! I'm going to share two quick and simple cards with you today that you could easily create in multiples for the holidays if you're so inclined.

My first card is a very simple number that really lets the shimmer stock do most of the talking.


I began by stamping and heat embossing two snowflakes and a sentiment onto Night Shimmer Stock using silver and iridescent glitter powders. Then, I attached the panel to a white card base (easy writing surface is key) using foam tape. I embellished with a handful of clear rhinestones and called it good. Sandy on the Papertrey Ink forum recently asked which adhesive people liked for adhering rhinestones. I prefer Glossy Accents. In my experience, it dries clear and holds well.

My second card for today is also very simple, but that just goes to show that you don't need to go over-the-top every time to get great results.

I began by stamping my snowflakes onto a Classic Kraft base using Fresh Snow ink. I doubled up each of the snowflakes to make them feel a little more substantial. I followed up with accents in Enchanted Evening ink. Then, I die cut a Photo Finishers strip and stamped it with my sentiment, also in Enchanted Evening.


I mounted that to the card front with foam adhesive and tied a baker's twine bow around the card base just below it. Then, I went back in and embellished select spots on the Enchanted Evening accents with fine glitter. The result is a subtle shimmer that I love!

There you have it, two very simple holiday cards that you could whip up in a jiffy if you're pressed for time or just have a long list of card recipients. Thank you for joining me today! I'll be back again in a couple of days with more projects showcasing Freshly Fallen. Have a wonderful weekend!

If you're looking for this month's Color Play feature just scroll down. It's there. Promise!

Recipes:
Season's Greetings Card
Stamps: Freshly Fallen - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Night Shimmer - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Silver Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Iridescent Glitter Powder, Glossy Accents - Ranger; Rhinestones - Darice

Peaceful Holiday Card
Stamps: Freshly Fallen
Cardstock: Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fresh Snow, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink
Other: Photo Finish Strips Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Glue Pen; Blueberry Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Foam Tape - Scotch

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

Happy November, Lizzie! Thanks for sharing Freshly Fallen with great cards for mass producing. Like your color choices also. Hoping by now you are somewhat settling in your new home.