Friday, February 13, 2015

A Little More Text Block: Mom & Etched Easter Eggs

Good morning, Friends! Thank you so much for joining me for Day 9 of the Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary Countdown. I have a couple of additional projects to share with you featuring my new Text Block: Mom and Etched Easter Eggs stamp set today. Shall we get to it?

My first project is a Mother's Day card full of flowers. I used an inlay technique that I just love.


I began by stamping a white panel with the floral spray from Garden Grace in Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, and Lemon Tart inks. I ran that panel through the Xyron and die cut the Text Block: Mom from the panel, reserving the negatives. I stuck the outer frame to an extra scrap of white cardstock and then die cut a Xyroned piece of Simply Chartreuse through the die cut machine with the same die. I placed the Simply Chartreuse Text Block shape into the rectangular space in the floral frame and used the floral negatives to fill in the appropriate spaces. It all fits together so seamlessly!


I mounted the floral/Text Block panel to a Spring Moss card base with foam tape and embellished the roses here and there with a fine point glue pen and some glitter (I'm seriously on a roll with the glitter lately). Then, I die cut two of the butterflies from the Love Lives Here die collection from vellum. I scored them down the center and adhered them to the card front in a layered fashion. I die cut another butterfly from Lemon Tart cardstock and used the small heart shape to fill the negative space in the butterfly. I love how soft and delicate the flowers look!

My second card incorporates a sentiment from Etched Easter Eggs with very simple, yet sophisticated stamping.


I began by die cutting a Mat Stack 6 shape from the middle of a white panel. I placed that on a white card base and marked some of the outlines so I knew where I wanted my stamping to land. I stamped the long ray shape from Out Of The Blue in VersaMark ink to create a cross. Note: I marked the center point to help line up the rays more easily. Then, I sprinkled the wet ink with Perfect Pearls using a soft paintbrush. I used a dried out baby wipe to remove the excess and embellished the center with a self-adhesive pearl (this also hid that pencil mark since I couldn't erase it without ruining the Perfect Pearls).


Next, I heat embossed the sentiment from Etched Easter Eggs with gold detail powder onto the original die cut panel. I textured that panel with the Sunrise Impressions 2 Impression Plate, centering the "sun" in the die cut space. Finally, I mounted the sentiment panel to the card base with foam tape. It's a simple card, but it conveys the message perfectly.

I hope you've enjoyed today's projects! I'll see you back here again tomorrow with more of this month's new release. In the meantime, Nichole, AmyAshley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, and Melissa have projects to share that you won't want to miss. I'll see you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
Mother's Day Butterfly Card
Stamps: Garden Grace - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Mom Die (available February 15th), Love Lives Here Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

He Is Risen Card
Stamps: Etched Easter Eggs (available February 15th), Out Of The Blue (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Mat Stack 6 Layerz, Sunrise Impressions 2 Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Gold Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Perfect Pearl Pigment Powder - Perfect Pearl; Self-Adhesive Pearl - Mark Richards; Foam Tape - Scotch

6 comments:

Jeni Jenne said...

Oh, my goodness, your Easter card is beautiful! Fabulous cards, Lizzie! And, yes, He is risen indeed!

Cindy O said...

Love the stamped flowers inlaid with the text block. And your Easter card is so simple and serene. Beautiful combination of embossed texture and pearly glow. Perfect for the message! I've enjoyed all your projects for this release.

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful pairing of Garden Grace and text block!
Looking forward to Spring:)

Heather DG said...

Oh Lizzie, I love your cards, and I'll admit your He is Risen made me catch my breath...so lovely!

Kathy Mc said...

Your inlay technique using garden Grace and your new Text Block die makes for a beautiful Mother's Day card. Your white with gold embossing is very striking on your Easter card. Awesome, Lizzie!

Rachel S. said...


love how you used the negative space on the card....