Friday, March 13, 2015

March Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 4

Good morning, everyone! Welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink March new release countdown. I have a few more projects for you today featuring the Retro Style stamps and dies, so let's get to it!

My first project is a graduation ensemble. Many of my projects this week have featured retro-inspired color schemes, so I went a little more "modern guy" with this one.


Do you ever get stuck on an idea and fuss with it until you can make it work? That's pretty much exactly what happened here.

I began by stamping the brick pattern using Terra Cotta Tile ink onto Canyon Clay cardstock. I trimmed that with a Tipped Tops die and textured the resulting pieces with the linen and canvas impression plate. I mounted the outer piece to a card front that I'd textured with the Sunrise Impressions 1 impression plate using foam tape. The inside piece was trimmed to fit on the front of a white pillow box.


Then, I created the signs using striped Spring Rain patterned paper and white and Enchanted Evening cardstocks. I stamped the white parts with the coordinating images using Simply Chartreuse and Harvest Gold inks. The numbers were added with Enchanted Evening ink and the sentiments were heat embossed on the Enchanted Evening bits with white detail powder.


I added a Terra Cotta Tile sentiment circle to the pillow box and assembled all of the pieces with a combination of flat and foam adhesives. I created tiny brackets with strips of Enchanted Evening cardstock and adhered the signs into place with foam tape. All-in-all I think a young fella would appreciate this ensemble...especially if there was a gift card for food, gas, or books inside that pillow box. Or, who am I kidding, cash. If you're heading off to college (or out into the real world after college) you appreciate the rare sensation of having a little mad money in your pocket. Not that I remember what that feels like or anything. Heh.

Ok! Next, I have some gift tags to share.


I started with Spring Rain striped paper cut at different angles. The color gives them continuity, but the angles keep them from feeling too similar. I mounted the patterned paper to white cardstock to give them a little heft, but that's maybe an unnecessary step. I heat embossed the poles onto the tags with white detail powder and then began building my signs.


On this one, I die cut the arrows from Limeade Ice, Winter Wisteria, and Tropical Teal cardstocks. I heat embossed the sentiments and added pattern with Bitty Background Blocks II. Next, I cut the "Happy" shape and stamped it with Royal Velvet ink. To finish, I simply attached the bits to the tag with foam tape and added a length of waxed white cord for tying. Easy!


Here, I cut the large sign shape from Winter Wisteria cardstock and stamped the neon arrow image using Royal Velvet ink. I die cut the bubble shape from Limeade Ice and stamped it with a Tropical Teal sentiment before sticking it in place with foam tape. Then, I die cut the rectangle from white cardstock and stamped it with Limeade Ice and Royal Velvet inks. I adhered it to the larger sign shape and added a the "Make" that I'd die cut from Tropical Teal and heat embossed with white powder. Instead of using all of the layers, you could stamp the outline image on the sign shape and use the bubble shapes or rectangle to add someone's name, age, year of birth...whatever you like!


Here's the last one! On this one, I die cut the large sign shape from Limeade Ice. The pinstripes were stamped in the same color and the sentiments were heat embossed with white detail powder. The arrow and rectangle were die cut from white cardstock and stamped with Tropical Teal and Winter Wisteria inks. I added the sentiment to the rectangle with Royal Velvet, but again, if you wanted to customize, this would be a great place to stamp or write someone's name. I die cut the "Happy" shape and stamped it with Royal Velvet before adhering it into place with foam tape. Such a fun way to dress up a package!

That's all I have today. Thank you for stopping in and I'll see you again tomorrow. In the meantime, there's another group post today, so  Nichole, Amy, Ashley,Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, and Melissa all have projects to share that you won't want to miss. I'll see you soon!

Recipes:
Brick Wall Grad Ensemble
Stamps: Retro Style Graduation, Home Made - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Canyon Clay, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain Stripe - Papertrey ink; white
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, Enchanted Evening, Terra Cotta Tile - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Retro Style Die Collection, Essential Pillow Box Die, Tipped Tops Die Collection, Sunrise Impressions 1 Impression Plate, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; 5/8" circle punch; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

Birthday Tag Trio
Stamps: Retro Style Graduation, Retro Style Birthday Sentiments, Bitty Background Blocks II, Background Basics: Super Stripe - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Limeade Ice, Winter Wisteria, Tropical Teal, Spring Rain Stripe - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Limeade Ice, Winter Wisteria, Tropical Teal, Royal Velvet - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Retro Style Die Collection, Tag Sale #10 - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Waxed Cord - May Arts

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The Ensemble is great and a cool idea!

Cindy O said...

Love your tags and gift packaging. This is such a wonderful Retro set!

Donelle U said...

Love, love, LOVE these projects today!!

Debbie said...

I LOVE your new retro style stamps! Every day you have such wonderful projects with them!

Anonymous said...

Those tags are just too cute!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love your great tags. The make the gift so special.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

For being so young you capture the Retro Style so PERFECTLY!!! Loved every single one of them!

Cariños,
María Alba